Enter the Valhalla Entertainment Caption Contest for a chance to win two VIP passes to the mid-season finale taping of “Talking Dead” on December 1st 2013! Simply pick your favorite photo below and caption it with your most creative saying. Be sure to follow and tweet your entry to @valhallapics with the hashtag #CaptionContest, and read the full rules and terms below.
Click a photo to enter a caption.
• You may only submit one entry.
• Entries must be tweeted at @valhallapics.
• The person submitting the caption must be the person who came up with caption. • Participants must be over 18 years of age.
• Valhalla Entertainment is a family-friendly company, so please keep the captions viewable by all audiences.
• Please select only one photo to caption.
• Must be following @valhallapics on Twitter to be eligible to win the prize.
• No travel expenses provided.
• Via Twitter
• Must be following @valhallapics on Twitter to be eligible
• Entries must include the hashtag #CaptionContest
Entries submitted electronically (via Twitter) before November 20, 2013.
If you don’t follow these guidelines, your entry will not be considered. The caption will be judged by a panel chosen by Valhalla Entertainment and the winning caption will be featured on Valhalla’s Twitter and Facebook pages, as well as winning two VIP tickets to the season finale taping of “Talking Dead” on December 1st 2013 in Los Angeles.
We can’t wait to see what you create!
Official Rules 2013:
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and is construed and evaluated according to California law. Do not enter this Promotion if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the “Talking Dead” Caption Contest (the “Promotion”), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Valhalla Entertainment (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and selection entries and the Promotion’s overall administration. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States who are at 18 years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, and agencies and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins 10:00:01 AM Pacific Time (PT) on November 11, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 PM PT on November 20, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”).
To enter sign in at Twitter.com and, select one of the two photos provided and write a caption for it! Post your caption on Twitter at @valhallapics. Each entry must include the hashtag #CaptionContest. To view the photos and for more information, visit the Valhalla Entertainment Blog: (http://valhallaentertainment.wordpress.com/)
All Eligible Tweets must be in the English language. All tweets must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on November 20, 2013 in order to be eligible. You will receive one entry into the Contest drawing for each Eligible Tweet. There is a limit of one entry per person/email address per day, regardless of method of entry. An entrant who exceeds this entry limitation will have each of the multiple entries they submit invalidated for winning consideration, and such conduct may result in disqualification of the entrant from any and all participation in this Contest (as determined by the Sponsor in the exercise of its sole discretion). Any and all Internet access and usage charges are the sole responsibility of the entrant. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause(s) which corrupts or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, safety, or proper conduct of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any Contest entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (without limitation) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submits any Eligible Tweet hereunder, an Eligible Tweet will be considered made by the authorized account owner of the Twitter tweet submitted at the time of entry. Entries generated by automated devices are considered to be a direct violation of the Rules and the policies of this Contest and may result in the immediate and automatic disqualification from this Contest of any and all associated entries.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: Your entry must conform to the Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”).
Your Twitter entry must not 1) contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; 2) disparage Sponsor or The Walking Dead TV series or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest; 3) contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, or otherwise offensive (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; 4) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and 5) contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where entry is created. Failure to comply with these Guidelines and Restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, is grounds for automatic disqualification from the Contest.
5. JUDGING: All eligible entries will be judged by a panel composed of employees of Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on all judging matters. Contest will be judged based on the following criteria: 60% creativity and 40% originality. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-judged by a new judge who will serve as a tie-breaker using the same criteria as stated herein.
6. PRIZE: Winner will receive two VIP tickets to the “Talking Dead” audience taping in Los Angeles, CA on December 1, 2013. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes are non-transferable. Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on the winner’s request. No travel expenses will be included. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein, including, but not limited to travel expenses, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. You will be asked to sign an NDA at the taping.
7. PRIZE DRAWING /WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or about November 22, 2013, one (1) potential winning entrant will be selected by the judges. The Sponsor will contact the potential winner via Twitter using the twitter account they entered the Contest with. The potential winner will be required to submit winner verification information as provided by Sponsor at the time of communication in order to distribute prize and verify eligibility. Each potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules before receiving any prize. In the event that Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner after the third attempt, or in the event a potential winner is unable to or unwilling to accept the prize to be awarded to him/her for any reason, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein.
8. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the decision of the judges. Entries will not be limited, except as expressly provided above. In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the judges determine in their absolute discretion that no or too few entries meet the quality standards established to award the prize, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize.
9. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: The prize winner documents and guest release will require, among other things and where not prohibited by law, that the winner and guest each grant permission to the prize provider the right to use his or her name, image, likeness, any quotes attributable to him or her and other indicia of persona, including any photographs or recordings taken during the filming of Talking Dead, for advertising, promotional, and any other commercial purpose By entering this Contest and accepting the prize, the winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with attending the filming. If production is canceled or rescheduled, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. The winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner or his/her guest from the filming or any other activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and hometown and state and any other information submitted to Sponsor by entrant for promotional purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide, without further payment or compensation.
11. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No more than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void. A participant is not a winner of any prize unless and until said participant’s eligibility and the potential win has been verified and said participant has been notified that verification is complete and any documentation necessary for verification has been submitted to Sponsor for verification. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Prize winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and any other documents Sponsor determines as reasonably necessary, including, where lawful, a publicity release, within three (3) business days following the date of notification of winning. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
12. INDEMNIFICATION: Winner agrees, by accepting the prize, and each participant agrees, by participating in this Contest, to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from and against any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in this Contest. Void where prohibited
13. IMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, OR ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT THIS CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ANY PRIZE WON IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions
15. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in Los Angeles, California for the purposes of any suit related to the Promotion and waive any claim that they are not subject personally to the jurisdiction of said courts or that any such suit or other proceeding is brought in an inconvenient forum or improper venue.
16. WINNER’S LIST: For a copy of the winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 1st, 2013 to: TALKING DEAD TWITTER CONTEST , 3201 Cahuenga Blvd W, Los Angeles CA 90068 or visit http://valhallaentertainment.wordpress.com/. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the winner has been verified.
17. SPONSOR: Valhalla Entertainment, 3201 W Cahuenga Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90068.
Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of the respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest.